My Adventures in Quilting
First I want to apologize for not having written in a few weeks. *insert a million excuses here* My bill-paying-job has been keeping me pretty busy and I have been working on a few designs of some small projects as well as quilts. I’m just not ready to reveal them yet. So, I thought I’d give you an update on my “for me” project.
I finished all of my pieces and strips and now it’s time to assemble the stacks. Remember, I’m not following the pattern exactly. I just wanted have some fun with it.
This is the point I got it to when I decided to assemble what I have and see the final size before I add any more layers. I know that I’m going to lose 1/2 inch from each piece which adds up to somewhere around 7″. Since I haven’t decided on a final size, I’m going to sew this together, see how it looks, and go from there. I like how it’s coming together so far.
Here is where I had to take a look at the size it was ending up and make a decision. Since I only have the pieces sewn into pairs, it will be easy to insert more layers to make it taller without losing composition. I have decided that I need to add about 10 finished inches. This could take some time. But it will be worth it.